Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Falling

 As I write this blog, Fall is imminent. I can feel it in the air. I am sure there are scientific reasoning to why we feel this change. Yet, for me, it is a reminder simply that I am a part of creation. I can sense spiritually that there is change in the air, a connection with my being to the earth.

Many a theologian down through the ages has written on the fact that we often do not take the time to recognize the holiness in the everyday phenomenon that happens around us. I amreminded of Psalm 104 that begins:

Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, you are very great. You are clothed with honor and majesty, wrapped in light as with a garment. You stretch out the heavens like a tent, you set the beams of your chambers on the waters, you make the clouds your chariot, you ride on the wings of the wind, you make the winds your messengers, fire and flame your ministers. You set the earth on its foundations, so that it shall never be shaken.

Have you aver thought of God being in the breeze that brushes your face? How about the mud that squishes between your toes? Or the sunlight through a window? Or even the stillness of the water in the hush of the morning?

The coolness that is in the air has me falling for the Lord all over again. I am again reminded of the miracle that is creation, the miracle that is the mountains and the seas, and the miracle that is you. 

In the midst of the pandemic, poor health, broken relationships, and death, we can still recognize the love that is God who blessed you with life, with family/friends, with the very breath you breath.

I pray that you are falling for God all over again.

No comments: